Thursday 5 September 2013

Grounding and belonging

I have been feeling very disconnected lately. I feel 'temporary' (it is the way I feel) in my new house, in my job/s and in my life, and for no apparent reason. And it  is unfounded too. 
  
It may be spring fever (every year I get the spring restlessness in a serious way, and it totally throws my life in turmoil) or just that I am doing too much and not taking enough care of myself) too much running around and eating rubbish; and not enough R and R.

Gala Darling wrote this in her blog recently (and interestingly Sarah Wilson has written similar).  Maybe it is spring fever! Perhaps this is a reason too ..... 

 'I believe that one of the major reasons people feel lost, sad and disconnected from reality is because we’ve replaced nature (getting outside, walking on the grass, enjoying a cool breeze or splashing in the ocean) with technology (sitting inside, in the air conditioning, staring at a screen for hours on end). In a lot of ways, I think we’re detached from the seasons, and I believe it has a much greater negative effect on us than we realise.'

No comments:

Post a Comment