Monday 22 October 2012

DECOR IDEAS #3:2012


Sometimes the simpler something is, the more appealing it can be.

Rag rugs take me way back to my school days where we learned to ‘weave’ in art classes.  Everyone had to make a small sampler rag rug.  

I was not impressed with the placemat-sized rag rug I made out of old brown pantyhose. 

So ... I never liked rag rugs until I saw this one. 



I have previously posted about the creativity of the designers at the Ghanda store in Torquay, Victoria.  

They took 4 rag rugs, sewed them together and tied extra ribbons and bows on it to personalise it as a 'shag rag'.  It looked just beautiful.  It has inspired me to revisit the whole weaving thing.

I also love the decor in this florist on Bay St in Sandringham, Victoria.  Wall art combined with box shelving/frames. 


It would make great outdoor room art ..... with a rag rug on the floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment