Sunday 6 October 2013

keeping a journal

For the past two years I have been keeping a journal. I started when I found that I needed to get sorted out – find where and who I was at this stage of my life. My journal is a collection of thoughts, inspirational saying I have read, views on things I have been to see, a place to stick concert tickets (Sade, Pink, Neil Young ...who says I have diverse taste!?) I also collect information about things; like feng shui; doshas; places I want to visit; words in foreign languages that fascinate me ... in short – everything. I started re-reading my first journal (I am half way through my second ‘volume’) and was reinspired by some of the things I have collected. So, starting today I will sometimes post those things that inspire me. Madeleine Albright was the first woman to become the United States Secretary of State under the Clinton presidency. She is now a Professor of International Relations at Georgetown University. In May 2012, she was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by US President Barack Obama. One hell of a powerful woman. ‘Maddie’ quote …. “There is a special place in hell for women who do not help other women” Go Grrl!

No comments:

Post a Comment