Tuesday 11 September 2012

CLAIRVOYANTS AND WHAT YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW



Sometimes you hear or read a random sentence that makes you feel so uncomfortable that it makes it difficult to talk about.  Different topics affect people in different ways, but this one sort of gave me a cold horror chill.  

I suppose the only way I could summarize it is ‘What not to ask a clairvoyant’. 

Galadarling has a weblink to a blog by Rachael Rabbit White: rachelrabbitwhite.com.   Her blog is excellently written, not sensationalist just tackles sensational topics. However, it is sometimes difficult and confronting reading. 

One of her posts discussed people wanting to become non-gender.  Rachael interviewed an ex-woman who got not only her breasts removed, but also her nipples, so that she could truly say she was a non-gender individual.   The reasoning and the extent of the desire by this person to undergo this transformation is the topic of the posting.

It also asks, what do you call ‘it’? (A bit like the ‘man previously known as Prince’ but now acknowledged by love symbol #2)

Another post by Rachael was an interview with an award winning, cross-dressing, Goth-shock adult entertainer.

He asked Rachael to come to the clairvoyant with him, and for her to ask a confronting question.   
When she asked for an example, he apparently was pushing for her to ask ... will I ever be raped?’

I have to admit, this shocked me; what a question to ask!  Traditionally the 'yuk!' question we all don’t want to know is ‘when or how we are going to die?’ 

Another one I don’t want to know is ‘Are our children going to die before us? If so, how and when?’

Are we going to be raped? This goes beyond the realm of wanting to know. 

We all have to die, but hope it is not too soon.  But to want to know if you will be violently violated sexually ... brrrr.  That is one question I DON’T WANT AN ANSWER TO.

2 comments:

  1. Must say I agree with you. Not that I believe in that stuff but the times that I have gone eg at the sea side in Brighton UK etc I always wanted to know good stuff. But then I was only going for a laugh with friends. Can't say that any of those questions ever crossed my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scares you though, whether we believe what they say, or whether we don't.

    ReplyDelete