Monday 14 January 2013

HAVE I REALLY BEEN ON HOLIDAYS?

Day two of 'back to work' after an extended holiday break and ...... I woke up this morning bleary eyed and back to the way I felt before I went away.  One day back at work and it is same old ... same old.  I also look tired, something that had disappeared after a week of sleep and slopping.  How does this happen?  

It takes days for the holiday feeling to lull you into really relaxing, days before you can honestly say you are in a 'holiday frame of mind'.  But one day to get back into work mode?  Not fair really.

I spent my past two and a bit weeks reading, walking, surfing, yoga-ing, eating well (and not eating well depending on what I felt like eating ... burp!) sleeping without an alarm clock to wake me and having no plans.  I was so relaxed and happy and never bored, each day had new things to do ... if I wanted to do them (or not!).

Now, I am staring at my computer screen, a list of 'TO DO's' on my note pad and sigh, feeling like the ocean was a long time ago.  


2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel with that one. I too enjoyed the no alarm thing and relaxing. Oh will it was good while it lasted. Not to worry it won't be long and it will be Christmas again, they seem to come quicker each year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, showing your age Rosie, didn't our mums use to tell us that!

    ReplyDelete