Monday 28 January 2013

It will all be alright .......

I watched 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' last night, on DVD.

A very gentle movie ... where nothing happened, but life went on.

It would not be to everyone's taste, but I don't think it is exclusively an 'old persons' movie either.  Some of the story line was a little forced, the characters generally too much a 'type' rather than complex and some of it was very predictable; but the vibe of India (Jaipur I think it was in); the colours, textures and light were wonderful.

The one thing that I remember from the DVD is a line the young Indian 'entrepreneur' Sonny used; which became a bit of a mantra for the film ...


'It will all be alright in the end; and if it is not all right, it is not the end.'

  

I am going through major upheavals in my life at the moment (sigh, I am almost beginning to crave routine).  The unknown is always in my face, with decisions to make and the thrill of the unknown, not bad, just different.

I should make this my mantra too! That way, when everything is ok, I will know!

No comments:

Post a Comment