Tuesday 1 January 2013

THE YEAR IS A CLOCK - LET'S SHAKE TIME UP

The year is a bit like a clock.

11.30 pm: The 'build up' to Christmas is frantic; with everyone trying to get things done.
11.40 pm: Then, on Christmas day, the eating (oh boy; the EATING!!!) and getting together with family and friends.
11.50 pm: Boxing Day; the cleaning and left overs (and sales; if you are into that sort of thing).
Then two of three days of recovery and
12.00 midnight: New Year.
12.05 am: Then two of three more days of recovery and back to work .... or holidays.     etc etc etc

Then back into the old house routine or work or parenting or whatever your life involves.  And the year goes on...... until next Christmas and it all starts again.
Sounds familiar?

I gave up on New Year resolutions long ago.  I thought it was a bit of a waste of time waiting for a certain day to start to 'make things better' etc.  Why not start now?

This year though, I have made a resolution.  And that is that this year will not be routine.  I will try to mix it up as much as possible.

Of course, I have a bit of a head start, I am selling my house and planning an overseas trip.  But, for the rest of it, I am going to try and do something a bit out of the norm every week (I thought everyday may be pushing it a bit).


Will let you know how I go.  Spontaneous, that's my new middle name!






No comments:

Post a Comment