Sunday 3 March 2013

SHOULD I HAVE BOUGHT IT?

 I bought a house at auction.  

After looking at 34 properties (and countless properties not worth looking at).

It was one of the first places I went through.  And it is the only one I loved from the moment I walked though the door.  It felt like home. It ticked all boxes ... and more. 

I thought I had no hope of winning ... it was too perfectly 'me' ... there were too many people interested (I went to see it four times and it was crowded each time ... everyone loved it!) ... the asking price was too high ... 

Auction day.  I had done my homework and knew what I could afford.  I had studied 'how to bid at auction' websites; asked the selling agent a million questions; took my gorgeous friend with me for moral support (and to say  'NO' if needed).   I was ready.   

I was the only bidder.  I stood there - not bidding - and no one else bid either.  I had to throw my intended action plan out of the window; and bid first ........... and that was it.

It hadn't reached the asking price, but after negotiating (and more throwing away of action plans) a price compromise was reached.

When I got home, I started thinking ..... what was wrong with it?  I didn't find any structural problems, ownership issues, leaks, grumpy neighbours,  chemical poisoning, mad skeletons etc. Was I missing something? Should I have bought it?

Or should I look at it another way ... my accumulated good karma is paying off (I truly think I am blessed with the important things). Perhaps this was meant to be.  

I intend to do something nice for someone today, and tomorrow, and the next day .... 





No comments:

Post a Comment