Tuesday 26 February 2013

FASH PEEP TRENDS IN AUSTRALIAN SHOPPING MALLS

I did a 'quick' window shop through my local shopping mall today, to see what 'the look' is for our southern world winter.  

Slim and structured (oh so elegant) for work (skirts are big big big),  skinny jeans with big jumpers (pullovers for you northern hemispheric fash peeps) for play and everywhere metallics, sparkles, sequins, gold, silver and bronze (with a hint of furriness).



I am in heaven.  Nothing I like better than glitz and shine and giant comfy jumpers/pullovers. (Love the gold high tops from Sportsgirl in the pic above.) 

Along with the metallics and sparklys, the colours to wear this season are white and camel (gorgeous) or jewel metallics.

Kitten heels and wedges are in (thank goodness; I will be able to walk rather than hobble gracefully and hope I don't have to break into a jog).

The bag de rigueur is a cross body messenger or slim clutch. 

There is a smattering of the floral and also military/cargo/camo; any of the younger fash peeps in Australia need a quick trip to their local Aussie Disposals store (last year I got the most gorgeous Greek fisherman flannel peaked cap there - for $10!). 

Not so sure about the complete military look on anyone over the age of 20.  You could look like you are on shore leave or AWOL!

The blog site FABSUGAR noted a huge throw back to the 90's, with grunge sneaking back in.

Ultimately, I looked at all this and thought ... I have a lot of this already.  Time to go though the boxes in the shed or the back of the wardrobe and see what will still fit (and fit in).

I actually love what is 'in fashion' at the moment -  the trends outlined above have a huge disparity between the styles.  This means: 

ANYTHING GOES!

If you see a glitzy, shimmery person walking around in original 90's gear - it may be me!






No comments:

Post a Comment