Tuesday 16 July 2013

A FB post I had to share

I don't Facebook much.  I find it difficult to use (I know, I know, tech incompetent!)

I sometimes have a browse to see what people are doing.  Often their posts are conversational.  Sometime just inane.

However, I was quite taken by this post below (and thank you Mon for giving me permission to blogpost it!).

Before you read it: I don't really know Mon, she is a friend of a friend.  I also don't know much about her background, although from this post you could guess a bit.

I am saddened that there are people who read her posts and make negative comments. What she is saying is important to her. Many of her previous posts are upbeat and instructional and positive.  Her posts may also be important to other people, going through similar situations.  

Congratulations for what you wrote Mon.  You have a beautiful life attitude and a shiny outlook to what could be a real downer.  

Mons FB posting:  'I have a number of friends and acquaintances my age who, like myself, have chronic medical conditions, but who have folded up and stopped honouring their bodies with exercise and healthy food, according to their capacity and means. These women are dying in front of my eyes, developing additional chronic illness due to misuse and disuse of their bodies.I don't advocate extremism, obsessive behaviour, or expect anyone to follow my example. But I DO recognise the importance of staying active and eating mindfully in order for me to remain functional physically, mentally and emotionally. These posts are my reminder to myself to keep going, when I'd rather fold too.I'm not finger-pointing, just keeping myself on track. If you're challenged by me -- great! If you're threatened, annoyed or nauseated by my posts -- these are your reactions and I have no input into them.' From FB written by Mon Edgewater Lukas

No comments:

Post a Comment