Tuesday 16 July 2013

More about hugs, and Amma

I was reading Amma's website (Amma is the 'hugging saint' who travels the world giving hugs to people).

There are 'chapters' of 'Amma' disciples all over the world, and a chapter is based quite close to where I live.

I have been toying with the idea of finding out more, but I am also torn, because I was also interested in a Buddhist chapter that is also a easy distance away. 

I then thought, do I need to do this?

Ammas TEN STEPS TO HELP SAVE OUR PLANET are:

  1. Develop Reverence for Nature
  2. Develop Water Awareness
  3. Develop Reverence for Plants
  4. Develop Reverence for Wildlife
  5. Use Sustainable Technology
  6. Develop Reverence for Food
  7. Grow Your Own Food
  8. Take Less from the Earth
  9. Be a Responsible Consumer
  10. Inspire Others
I thought about my own philosophy of life and how it compares with Ammas ten steps above. 

I reckon I do 9 of the 10.  Number 10 is a toughy.  INSPIRE OTHERS. 

How do you know if you are an inspiration?  And why would you purposefully go out and do it?  Shouldn't it come naturally and spontaneously? 

Being a positive influence (encourage others about steps 1 to 9) is purposeful and achievable.  But inspire?  

Some people inspire just by being. 
Some people aspire to inspire. And don't.

Visiting the Chapters?  

I think like any groups, they are there to lend support and reaffirm belief in times of wavering emotions and doubt.  

I don't think I need this in my life, yet.  My motivations are strong, and I have things in my life that are very important to me, and I am doing the best I can with what I have.

For now, that will be enough to make me feel fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment