Wednesday 27 June 2012

Is UNDERWEAR Clothing? Or Have I Blown It!?



I went to Target (that doyen of the fashion industry) yesterday to buy something necessary (true!) and boring, and noticed that they had a sale!!!

Oh no! The dreaded word.  SALE. This was a big test.

What was on sale was underwear:  bras and briefs.

I browsed, not intending to buy (strong willed-person that I am) but, just out of curiosity, decided to use the self-bar scan to see how much some of the items were to buy.

Famous last words.... $5 bras and $1.50 undies (Bonds brand yet!). 

Yup, I bought a year’s supply!



Bang! went my ‘I won’t buy any clothes for myself for a year!’ pledge.

When I got home I looked at my purchases, sorted through what I already had, and justified.....
1.     About 30% of the things I have already need replacing
2.    About another 30% of them will need replacing in the next 4 months
3.    The remaining 40% will give me enough for 3-4 days of wear without washing (not a safe ‘week’s worth!’)
4.  Underwear is not clothes!

Huh?  How can I clarify that last statement? Underwear is not clothing because:
a.    it is socially expected
b.    other people rarely see it on you
c.    over-used underwear should not be worn in case you are in an accident
d.    running with loose elastic can be a health hazard!


I can make myself believe it but, just in case, I am selling 5 pairs of shoes on ebay. 

Anyone want some leather, pointed toe, silver coloured flats? (Size 9 Zu brand)

No comments:

Post a Comment